The New York Community Trust Leadership Fellows is a program created in partnership with the Austin W. Marxe School of Public and International Affairs at Baruch College, its Center for Nonprofit Strategy and Management, and its Office of Executive Programs. The program aims to ensure tomorrow’s nonprofits have the leadership to flourish as they help New Yorkers.
With today’s growing economic inequality, an inadequate supply of affordable housing, broad gaps in educational achievement, and insufficient living wages, the work of our City’s robust nonprofit sector has never been more important.
The New York Community Trust Leadership Fellows are trained and mentored to fill a leadership void left by retiring executives of nonprofits. That gap is especially severe in the New York metropolitan area, which has more than 40,000 nonprofit groups that are vital to the economy.
This 12-week professional certificate program features:
- Learning seminars with distinguished faculty including Baruch College professors and experienced practitioners
- A curriculum taught through the lens of real-world issues and trends.
- Real-time projects related to each Fellow’s organization that address a particular challenge or opportunity
- Leadership Conversations hosted by Dean David Birdsell of the School of Public Affairs, where fellows connect with leaders of the nonprofit sector and government
- Prominent mentors with decades of experience in the field.
Upon completion of the program, Fellows will receive a certificate from the Austin W. Marxe School of Public and International Affairs at Baruch College
“The intensive programming that this leadership program offers has been invaluable to the organization. The leadership program supported Exalt to successfully launch our adjunct pilot project.”
“In New York, nonprofits are critical to so many aspects of urban life. Working with Baruch College, we’re starting to train the next generation of nonprofit leaders.”
“This critical moment for the nonprofit sector presents an exciting opportunity to partner with The New York Community Trust to create a first-class, innovative, practice-based executive certificate program at Baruch College’s School of Public Affairs.”
“Today’s nonprofit leaders must act right now to make sure that their successors have the necessary knowledge to ensure the long-term sustainability of their organizations for the future benefit of all the residents of our metropolitan region.”